Advanced Machine & Engineering Co. (AME) is introducing the AMSAW® series of carbide saws, capable of cutting 3.75 times the total number of square inches that high-speed steel (HSS) saws can, and 8.33 times more than band saws can cut.
The AMSAW line is specifically designed to use carbide blades to improve the processing of ferrous and nonferrous bars or billet (or rails, profiles, pipes and tubes, etc.) Standard design features include:
• A highly compact, rigid design;
• Hardened spindle gears ground for minimum backlash;
• A special saw blade guide and dampening device for accurate cutting to stabilize the blade and prolong tool life
• A low maintenance design
• Dry operation … no coolant needed;
• Saw blade changeover in less than three minutes
• Double and triple measurement strokes for extra long cuts
• Fast, dependable chip disposal
A variety of options are available, including stock size measuring, automated length-measuring systems, bar manipulating systems, in-feed and out-feed systems, stackers, and other special options.
AMSAW carbide saws are available in a variety of sizes and configurations to meet any size and production requirement. Single machines operating in stand-alone mode or a complete sawing system to manage all production demands. The AMSAW Standard Circular Carbide Sawing Systems are designed to ensure the carbide cutting process is fast, economical, and reliable, including:
• The highest cutting rates for precision length or weight cutting — out-performing band saws by a 10:1 margin;
• Costs as low as $0.0024 per sq.in.
• Compact, over-designed, hardened spindle gears with minimum backlash
• Uses cermet or carbide-tipped, disposable or re-grindable saw blades
• Unattended sawing with automatic bar loading table
• Machines and saw blades available from a single source and domestically manufactured
• No coolant required.